Implementation Quality and Outcomes of Leader in Me
Author: Leader in Me
September 19, 2018
Implementation Quality and Outcomes of The Leader in Me Program: Case Studies at Two Diverse Elementary Schools
John Hopkins University (Ross, 2012)
The major purpose of this two-school case study was to assess the experience of Leader in Me for teachers, students, administrators, and other key stakeholders through observations and interviews. Results indicated:
• Consistency in the application of key practices across both schools.
• Teachers’ autonomy in how they integrated Leader in Me in their classroom instruction.
• Teachers used leadership principles when responding to discipline problems and classroom management.
• Nearly all students readily learned and internalized the 7 Habits.
• Students regularly used a shared vocabulary of the 7 Habits when interacting with classmates and adults.